Scalp Micropigmentation and its Benefits
Hair loss can deeply affect self-esteem. At Sasha Luxe we understand these impacts. We strive to make a difference through our professional scalp micro pigmentation treatments.
Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP) is a tattooing application structured in an a way to give the appearance of hair follicles when applied to the scalp. Scalp micropigmentation treatment is a great option for giving a realistic impression of hair.
When administered by a trained practitioner modern SMP techniques achieve this illusion without the need for donor hair, medication, lotions, shampoos or concealers. There is no invasive surgery, scarring or down time. SMP brings long-lasting results at an affordable price and can strengthen confidence for those who experience hair loss.
Let’s work out the treatment that best suits you. Either visit our studio in person for a free consultation, or use our online Contact Us form, attach 4 to 6 images and we’ll provide a phone consultation.
Male Pattern Baldness
Men who suffer from male pattern baldness are progressively turning to Scalp Micropigmentation. So very popular among balding men for results that are natural in appearance, as a confidence booster and even for a more youthful look!
Why put up with a receding hairline or balding when these can be dramatically improved with SMP? The individualised procedure customises hairlines to suit the requirements of each client.
Scalp Micropigmentation is an all-purpose application that assists with various types of hair loss, including improvements to thinning hair.
By helping to conceal these patches SMP appears to increase hair density in-between existing hair follicles. The look is a fuller-bodied head of hair.
Women’s Hair Loss
Women can suffer a loss of hair from medication, menopause, heredity, diet, stress, or trauma.
Scalp Micropigmentation is a compelling solution for women as it gives the impression of a fuller, more lustrous head of hair.
A fresh new look is a huge confidence booster!
Before Scalp Micropigmentation, hair transplants were the go-to method for permanent hair restoration. SMP helps to cover the scarring from FUT and FUE transplants.
SMP Alopecia Treatment
Alopecia Areata is an auto-immune disease that results in hair loss on the scalp and elsewhere on the body. It can range from smooth patches and clumps of hair loss to a complete loss of all body hair.
Alopecia Areata is not uncommon. It can affect people in any age group, or gender, or ethnicity. At some point in life 2% of the population might be affected by this condition. Currently, there is no cure.
Scalp Micropigmentation can be a very convincing disguise for any hair loss associated with Alopecia. SMP is also a great way to restore lost confidence.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many sessions will I need?
Most clients will require 2-4 sessions. Additional treatments will increase the density or the number of ink dots in one area. More density will result in a darker, more natural look, which will help integrate the procedure into any remaining hair. However, it’s always better to work conservatively and not do too much too quick. If you are covering scars, you are more likely to require more sessions as scar tissue absorbs ink more readily, resulting in more significant fading. Treatments on clients with Alopecia may still be completed after 2-3 sessions. However, the sessions are likely to be longer, especially if the client is suffering from aggressive Alopecia Areata, patchy hair loss, or Alopecia Totalis, the total loss of all head hair.
Is the treatment painful?
Scalp Micropigmentation requires a small needle to be inserted into the upper dermis of the scalp. A certain amount of discomfort is inevitable; however, most clients report the sensation to be nothing more than mildly irritating, even therapeutic. The general consensus is that the pain varies from a 3-4 out of 10. Some parts of the scalp, for example the temporal regions and the hairline, can be more sensitive. Additionally, some people experience more discomfort than others, and people who have used hair systems for a long period of time, or have a significant amount of scar tissue to cover, are also prone to a higher pain level. Pain can be minimized with an over the counter painkiller before each session as well as with application of numbing products.
What is the recovery period?
You will experience some redness and swelling on the scalp for a few days after the procedure. The pigment initially will appear a few shades darker and can take one to seven days to lighten, and in rarer cases up to 14 days. Bruising can also occur which may cause the treated area to appear darker or to appear slightly blue. This is relatively uncommon affecting approx. 1 in 10 clients, and goes away after a few days.
I’m a hair system user
If you normally wear a hair system, rug, or hairpiece, be sure to NOT to wear the hair system for 10-14 days to allow skin to breathe. By not doing so, you will take the chance that the procedure will not take properly.
I have transplant scars
Scar tissue reacts different for each client, so therefore, those areas will be approached with extra caution and may require a greater number of treatments. In addition, you should come back within five to seven days or when swelling disappears for a session that strengthens the fast fading pigment in the scar area. Treatment duration ranges from 30 minutes to 2 hours depending on the treated area.
I have recently undergone laser treatment
Scar tissue reacts different for each client, so again, those areas will be approached with extra caution and may require a greater number of treatments. In addition, the client should come back within five to seven days or when swelling disappears for a session that strengthens the fast fading pigment in the scar area. Treatment duration ranges from 30 minutes to 2 hours depending on the treated area.
For Clients Who Have Had the Procedure Before
For all clients who have permanent cosmetic makeup procedure performed, we only use the very finest pigments available. Some procedures may need to be repeated because the original application can fade anywhere from 25% to 40%. Individual chemical and genetic makeup can affect the final result.
We Cannot Predict Your Fading Experience
It is fully possible to get the perfect results with only one application; however, this cannot be guaranteed. Please remember that the amount of pigment you retain or lose after your initial application is not a reflection of the quality of work. Pigment retention varies with each person. In case your procedure must be repeated, you will need to wait at least 21 days of the date of your original application.
Application Cannot Be Repeated Within 21 Days or Less
The tissue is not ready to absorb new pigment although your skin looks healed. Please be patient.
PMU can be a painful procedure. However, there are great numbing solutions for before, during and after that can be used for comfort throughout your SMP procedure.
To determine the treatment that’s right for you, we provide a free consultation, which can be done in person at our studio. Alternatively, you can submit 4-6 images via our ‘contact us’ form online to receive a phone consultation.
Density & Hairline Recreation
Light: $700 – $1300
Mild: $1300 – $1900
Medium: $1900 – $2500
Advanced: $2500 – $3100
Scar Camouflage: $700 – $1400
Alopecia: $2400 – $3400
Touch-up within 12 months of original service: No Charge
Standard refresh/touch-up (not required for 2-5 years): $700
All treatments include: Preparation & aftercare instructions, and ongoing support and guidance. Pricing is for complete treatment, including 1 touch-up at no cost within 12 months.
• Wash your scalp with a non-abrasive, gentle shampoo the week prior to your procedure. If experiencing breakouts on your scalp please see a dermatologist or appropriate medical doctor to resolve this issue prior to your procedure.
• After washing the scalp, moisturize the skin with some form of skin moisturizer to keep the skin hydrated. Doing so will allow the ink to be properly absorbed.
• Refrain from sun tanning for a week to avoid burning and peeling of the skin.
• If you are extremely sensitive to pain, mention before treatment for possible options or seek medical advice prior to procedure.
• You may bring a clean hat or scarf to loosely cover your head after the treatment, if so desired.
• Please do not wear a hair piece at least 10-14 days prior to your scheduled procedure. As wearing a hair piece may limit oxygen flow to the scalp and the ink may not be fully absorbed into the follicle.
• Please do not use a razor on your scalp within 24 hours of the scheduled procedure. It is critical that we see all native hair in order to properly blend the hair follicles.
• Do not work out 24 hours before procedure.
• NO alcohol or caffeine 24 hours before procedure (Yes, there is caffeine in decaf coffee and tea!)
• Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen 24 hours before procedure.
• Avoid power shakes and power greens, fish oil, and “Hair, Skin and Nail” supplements 24 hours prior to procedure.
• Please Note: You will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
• You have to be off any kind of Accutane for 1 year. NO Exceptions!
After Care Instructions:
There will be an epithelial crust that forms in the days following the procedure. This crust is a combination of dried pigment and plasma that forms externally. It is important that you do not pick it. Picking the crust will result in a loss of pigment. The crust will fall off naturally within a few days. For the first few days following the procedure, the area will feel similar to that of a sunburn. A topical ointment can help soothe the area. This will soothe the area, keeping it moist and helping it heal properly.
• Do not touch the healing pigmented area with your fingers, they may have bacteria on them and create an infection.
• Be cautious around the area (such as pulling clothing over your head)
• Apply your favorite antibiotic ointment or Vaseline 3-5 times daily until the procedure area has healed. Always use a clean cotton swab and not your fingertips.
• No make-up, sun, soap, sauna, Jacuzzi, swimming in chlorine pools or in the recreational bodies of water, contact with animals, gardening for 7-10 days, (until area is completely healed) post procedure and after all touch-ups.
• Before bathing, gently apply a light coating of Vaseline on the procedure area using a clean
cotton swab. Continue this regime until the procedure area has completely healed.
• Do not rub or traumatize the procedure area while it is healing (pigment may be removed along with crusting tissue).
• Use a “total sun block” after the procedure area has healed to prevent future fading of
• Do not use products that contain AHA’s on the procedure area. Example: Glycolic, Lactic Acids. Always check your product labeling, it will fade your pigment color!
• If you are a blood donor, you may not donate blood for 4 months post procedure due to Australian Health regulations.
• Touch-up visits can be done after 21 however it is best to wait 30-45 days post procedure.
• Permanent Make-up procedures are a two-step process. Results are not determined until touch-up application is completed.
• If you have any questions or concerns please notify your technician immediately.
• If you experience any itching, swelling, blistering or any other complications post-procure, stop using product and call your technician immediately. You may be allergic to the aftercare product you are using! Please contact your General Practitioner or Emergency Services in case of an emergency.
• Please follow these instructions for the best healing.
Sign up to receive beauty news, latest offers and get 20% OFF your first treatments!
Get in Touch
Got any questions? Drop us a line and we will get in touch with you as soon as we can!